EFFECTIVE DATE: DECEMBER 2019
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information (defined below) from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website.In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.If you believe a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy.California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on web sites or mobile applications by contacting us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, financial information or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter on the Website or give us in any other way, such as email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website. You provide most such information when you create an account with us, save or register your information with us, search for a product, fill out a registration page, application form or indication of interest, create an account, place an order with us or one of our third party dealers, post, participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, gender, date of birth, email address, phone numbers, user name and password, transaction and financial information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; and if you make a purchase, we may also maintain a record of your product purchases.Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products, or access certain services, offers and content on our Website. In addition, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. You may disable flash cookies via your Flash Player preferences or by using third-party software.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The information we learn from visitors and customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Rowe experience. The information we collect helps us meet this goal by allowing us to:
- Customize your browsing and shopping experience and identify your preferences
- Confirm, process, fulfill, and track your orders
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- Inform you of special values and featured items
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Serve you targeted advertising
- Send you Rowe email and text-message updates
- Respond to your inquiries and correspondence
- Contact you if you have requested communication from us
- Inform you of recalls or other information on products you have purchased
- Prevent or mitigate fraud and credit risk
- Administer promotions, contests, sweepstakes and rewards programs
- Improve our merchandise selection, Website, retail experience and customer service
- Comply with applicable legal demands, laws and regulations
SEARCH ENGINES AND OTHER SITES
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with the Company, such as, google.com may archive or otherwise crawl the Website and make available content from the Website.
PRIVACY COMMITMENT TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of California, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Rowe to a third party for that party's direct marketing purposes. This right granted to California residents applies only to their activities within the State of California. To make such a request, please send us a request using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy.
Rowe may share your personal information with third parties in the following instances:
We may disclose some elements of your personal information to third parties, including our dealers, to notify you of offers or services that may be of interest to you. We do not share credit card or other financial information for marketing purposes.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING; UPDATING AND DELETING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
You may edit or delete your profile you have registered with us.We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or our partners, please contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way. If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email updates.
Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to five days for your email request and 6–8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
The Company is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of up-to date security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store any personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access. These systems are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
However, you should keep in mind that no Internet communication is ever completely secure or error-free. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Website landing pagehttps://www.rowefurniture.com/company/contact-us
General email inquiries:email@example.com
Employment email inquiries:firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing address: Rowe Furniture, 2121 Gardner St, Elliston, VA 24087