About UsOur Story Blog Campaigns Markets Design Collaboration Product Videos Social Rowe Stands With Small Rowe Proud Eco Rowe
Our Frames—We use kiln-dried hardwood solid and laminate boards that are precision-milled to make a solid frame, one that won’t twist, warp or crack. Joints are held solid with mortise and tenon or double-dowel and corner block construction. These construction techniques give us confidence in offering a lifetime warranty on our frames.
With the launch of the EcoRowe initiative, our company has made a solid commitment to eco-friendly manufacturing processes and sustainable product development. EcoRowe focuses on crucial elements in our future a selection of fabrics produced from natural fibers, renewable fibers, and the use of wood from replenished, domestic forests for the frames and the choice of two eco-friendly seat cushion cores.
Our eco-cushion core contains plant-based, renewable materials which replace significant amounts of petroleum-based materials used in standard foam cushions. Our eco-down blend cushion core is a modern combination of high-resiliency foam with recycled fiber and a blend of duck feather and down. The cotton ticking used to encase the feather and down is no longer bleached.
Each piece of Rowe and Robin Bruce furniture will include eco-wood and eco-cushion cores. With your choice of fabrics, you can create a complete eco-friendly piece of furniture.
Eco-Friendly Materials Used in Our Production
- Arm cardboard: 100% recycled paperboard
- Corrugated cardboard: greater than 25% made from recycled corrugated containers
- Down cushions filler made from recycled plastic bottles and ticking material is no longer bleached
- Springs: made from recycled iron ore
- Nails/Screws: Uncoated. Instead, water-based lubricant is used.
- Foam: a percentage of the Polyol chemicals come from plant-based renewable, raw materials. In addition, the foam is PBDE free and is manufactured without the use of any flame retardants.
- Cotton: 97% recycled materials
- Wovens/Non-Wovens: Some bleaching process eliminated